…off the top of my head, in regards to Mister Witt, on his 35th birthday.
1. His birthday is today, April 8th. He is an aries.
2. He has the same eyes as me.
3. He is a picky eater. More so then you would think, seeing that I have the reputation around here for only eating certain foods.
4. His favorite season is summer and he is currently counting how many he may or may not have left.
5. He was born in the Sonoran Desert. He loves the feeling of a wide open sky. The kind that you can see for miles in every direction.
6. He makes up his own language. He lives in code terms. It wasn’t until I learned to speak in those terms did we became very best friends.
7. He is the funniest person I know, 2nd only to grandpa Jay.
8. He is a family man, to the very core of his being. All of his passwords contain the word family in them some way or another.
9. He is a musician. He can play anything you put in front of him.
10. He is an amazing lover. I can say that here because we are both 35 now.
11. He shares my love for the number eleven.
12. He is quick to temper and even quicker to forgive, forget, and move on. He does not hold a grudge.
13. He gives of himself like no one I have ever known before. He gives to us everything from his time to every last cent he earns.
14. I am so in love with him that sometimes I feel as though I cannot breathe.
15. Sometimes I want to punch him in the face.
16. He let’s me cut his hair. And praises my efforts the whole time.
17. He is terrible at correspondence. Doesn’t call. Doesn’t write. Nothing. Nada. I am the correspondence.
18. He LOVES the Grateful Dead. I don’t know WHY, but he does.
19. He is very passionate about his interests.
20. He loves my cooking, most of the time. And he always thanks me for my efforts.
21. He is so excited about growing food this year that he won’t. stop. talking. about. it. Like talking in his sleep about it.
22. He loves his animals and is super good at animal husbandry.
23. He is a writing a book. I can’t wait to see what happens.
24. He drinks his coffee black.
25. He dreams about going to Bora Bora. I hope I can take him there some day.
26. He loves watching The Amazing Race, that’s where he first decided that he loves Bora Bora.
27. He calls me his cuddlestick. He holds on to me as good as the day is long ;-)
28. He loves IPA’s. Like seriously LOVES them.
29. One time, he was going to buy a gun from our neighbor. For protecting and all. He went over to see about it and when our friend took it out to show him he almost blacked out.
30. He is a pacifist.
31. He has the ability to laugh at himself and allows me to join in. We laugh a lot.
32. He named his red prius Salsa Verde, and he will defend its honor to the end.
33. Thirty three was a really good age for him and it’s only getting better.
34. He made up a mating bird dance for me, oh my goodness you guys …
35. He is the very best husband, in all the land. I feel so. incredibly. lucky. to be his wife.
end of list.
Happy Birthday Darling.